Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No freaking way.......

Having lived in naval quarters in Italy for 20 years we always had to adapt to the kitchen that was on offer - and here in Italy people take their kitchen when they move so invariably we would only find a tap coming out of the wall and then we would have to juggle the less than perfect cupboards etc to try to get things in. Following the divorce the kids and I moved in here - the flat ticked just about all the boxes for my needs at that time (3 bedrooms, central location, big enough for me and 2 small children) - except for a kitchen which opened onto a balcony or garden - but it was a kitchen (these days in Italy most new builds have a living room with a 'kitchen-corner'). We moved in and I loved the flat with all the problems it had (and still has) but psychologically it meant so much to me.

Moving on 8 years Robert and I were together and things were a little more settled finanically so we were finally able to re-do the kitchen - he let me choose the kitchen I wanted - exactly as I wanted - and 3 years later we still love it - we love it enough to know that when we move (which we will do sooner rather than later) there is no freaking way I'm leaving it here for some other family to enjoy - it is ours.

4 comments:

  1. No wonder you want to take it with you, it's lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream of a beautiful kitchen and that one is gorgeous. enjoy your trip to Folgaria - hope you're all organised x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That whole take your kitchen with you European thing still has me quite quite bemused. You know it would never happen here unless you rented to scum that took your kitchen with them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? Take the kitchen when you move? Wow! But I wouldn't blame you a bit....the after shot is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete