Right this time it really wasn't a question of being fickle (which I can be at times) - I thought that the blogs I had in the past were for me but in fact they very quickly became blogs for others - in the sense that I was very often aware of who was reading(or who not) and what their reactions to what I was writing would be - I felt an obligation to them - and the whole blog thing (for me) was not supposed to feel like an obligation - I have enough of those. But, having stopped writing I missed it -
1. it seeems that when I no longer had this place where I could put things down, small things suddenly happened that I would have written about had I had somewhere to write
2. I knew that at sometime in the future I would miss not having this small diary of our family life that I could sometimes go back over and look at (hence all the photos in the first post here - they were all the photos that I had posted on my Life in Italy blog - ok, there are no words but I know why those photos are there
3. when, on reading Life in Italy my mum pointed out that it wasn't my ''real life'' I told her that yes, in fact it was my real life - ie I might not write about everything but everything I write about is real - and those things I wrote about were generally the good things in my life - small, apparently inconsequential things but all good -
And that brings me to the point of this one ...........
1. by having the blog it makes me 'look' at the good things - I'm not going to write about the bills, work problems, 'scratchy' moments with Robert etc etc - who wants to read about difficulties - open a newsaper if you want that - my blog is (and was in the past) a place where I reminded myself of the good things - and as a person who has a tendancy to get bogged down in problems and worries this can only be a good thing
2. to do this I need to keep writing for myself and not be influenced by people's opinions - so while this isn't exactly an anonymous blog I'm not going to be advertising it to friends and family in the UK, Canada or Ravenna - I have some lovely blogging buddies (you know who you are) and they will do just great thankyou very much -
So that's it - that's why My Little Blog has come into being. And now please be patient as I will be putting videos and photos from the old blog at various times - if I put things there in the past it was because I liked them - they made me laugh - and as the main point of MLB is for it to be my feel good blog they need to reappear.......little things like this........